Receipe: Fine Cream of Hokkaido Pumpkin
with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and Pumpkin Seed Oil
• 550 g Hokkaido pumpkin
• 85 g Onion
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 400 ml fresh apple juice
• 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger (10g)
• 250 ml cream 30%
• 200 ml water
• pinch of salt and freshly grounded black pepper to taste
1) Clean the vegetables, wash well the pumpkin, but don’t peel, and cut all into large cubes. Melt the butter in a large pot, put the pumpkin in and sauté briefly, then add the juice, water, vinegar, ginger and simmer for 15-20 minutes under cover until soft.
2) Then add the cream, stir, season with salt and blend with submersible blender until smooth
3) Flavor with salt, remove from the stove and serve. Soup should have thicker, creamy consistency.
Note: The soup can be decorated with drops of dark, cold pressed pumpkin seed oil (ideal bio quality) and roasted pumpkin seeds. For ten servings you will need about 80 grams of seeds which are slowly roasted in a pan wiped with oil until the seeds begin to swell and smell nicely. At the end, add a little salt and stir.
We may also surprise guests with simple apple foam. Into about 300 ml of juice add approx. a half teaspoon of soy lecithin (available in health food or pharmacy) and warm all to around 40 ° C. Then simply mix with immersion blender so that we can get as much air into the fluid and get the most foam. Let rest for a minute and grab the foam.
Wedding of Camila and Petr
Watch the following video and get a perfect picture of wedding organised at the ARIA Hotel and CODA restaurant . It was one of the most touching weddings of the season 2013. Congratulations to the newlyweds and we're glad we could be there!
Molten Valhrona Chocolate Cake (5 Portions)
with Liquid Center, Crème Friache and Wild Forrest Berry Coulis.
- 115g Dark Chocolate (60% cacao)
- 115g Butter
- 125g Icing Sugar
- 3 ea Eggs
- 60g Cake Flour (CZ - hladké mouky)
- 250g Crème Friache (or Sour Cream)
- Prepare all items prior to cakes being completed as the cake must be immediately served after being removed from oven.
- Roughly chop chocolate, add whole butter, and melt in a water bath bane heat.
- Whip sugar and whole eggs to a light foam, and carefully fold in flour.
- Immediately fold the egg and flour mixture into the melted chocolate. Be careful to blend gently so as not to lose the air in the whipped eggs.
- Butter molds, then dust with flour.Cupcake/muffin pan or similar size ramekin is best.
- Fill ramekins up to ¾ full with chocolate mixture. Allow approximately 2 cm to rim so cake may rise.
- Place pans in an oven preheated to 200*C -220*C for approximately 7-8 minutes. Cake top will be solid, but inside is still liquid.
- After removing from oven, run a knife around the edge of the pan or ramekin in order to loosen the cake from the pan. Carefully tip the cakes out one at a time, into the palm of your hand, and immediately place on plate ready for service.
- Plate should be pre set with a large spoon of Crème Friache, and drizzled with the wild berry sauce.
Wild Berry Sauce
- 200g Mixed Wild Berries (Frozen may be substituted for fresh)
- 30g Icing Sugar
- Blend both ingredients together using bar or hand blende
- Place mixture through a fine sieve until smooth and free of small seeds